Feel like you’re always doing something for everybody else? That’s because you are. It’s high time you did something nice for yourself! Below are 5 things you should try to incorporate into your week, no matter what! Fitting just one or two of these simple pleasures into your week will recharge your mom battery and get you ready for anything that comes your way…
1. Think beautiful. Take 20 minutes out of your day to get a well-deserved manicure or pedicure, get your hair done or get fitted for a new bra. Whatever it takes to make you feel gorgeous will do! If you can’t leave home, try a homemade facial. Oatmeal masks are really simple to make and do wonders for the skin. Have more than 20 minutes to spare? Nothing is more indulgent than a massage.
2. Buy yourself flowers. Flowers are one of the least inexpensive ways you can spoil yourself. Carnations, Alstroemeria and sunflowers tend to be inexpensive, long lasting flowers. Indoor potted plants are also a great choice, since they can stay in bloom longer and continue to give you flowers throughout the season. We ♥ Orchids because their beautiful blooms can last up to 3 long months!
3. Sweat it out. Exercise is essential for your body when it comes to coping with everyday stress. Yoga is one of the best ways to relieve stress, strengthen and tone your muscles all at the same time. Worried about being a beginner? Don’t be! The first step in Yoga is to learn how to relax your mind and body. Simple as that.
4. Express yourself. Keep a journal. If you feel stressed or overwhelmed, just a few minutes of writing in a journal can make a world of difference. A gratitude journal can be especially rejuvenating. As a busy mom, it’s easy to get caught up in the pressures of day-to-day life and forget just how lucky you are sometimes. Remind yourself of all the wonderful things and people that surround you.
5. Relax and refocus. Relaxation is key to good health and well being. Add some bath salts or bubble bath to a nice hot bath. Light a few candles, turn off the lights, play some soft music, lean back and just breathe. The warm water will ease away any tension in your muscles and soften your skin. Take this time to focus your thoughts on nothing but you.